Re: anti virus software for mail server

We've used RAV for over a year, we're a pretty small site for this list
(probably only about 300 users max) but it's worked PERFECTLY.  The
updating system has never failed, and it's never failed to catch a virus,
including the morning we got slammed with about 250 bugbear messages from
our local ISP.

One thing we do with it from time to time is also use the engine to scan
the home directories of our users (the main email server is connected via
nfs to our samba server)...  It works great for that too, although it's
only ever found one macro virus.

For us (2 domains) it's US$60 or something similar for a year of updates,
I don't think you can beat that.

We'd originally looked at it because it interfaced with the two primary
things we were interested in, Openbsd and postfix, but we're planning on
using it on our local debian server here as well as our colo redhat server
in the states.

Pulu

-----
AFE.TO Ants
Ph: Country code 676 - 878-1332 or 27946
http://www.afe.to