Re: Allusers Email with Sendmail

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002 07:21, Daniel Hooper wrote:
> Please excuse my complete lack of skill and knowledge with shell
> scripting /
> awk / sed & sendmail, I'm trying to put something together to email all
> User's for an ISP. I've researched a little bit and found this command
> (modified to suit my environment)

What type of mail storage do you use?

My maildir-bulletin package will deliver mail to all users in a Unix group by
putting files directly in their Maildir storage.

It uses hard or symbolic links to store the message thus saving huge amounts
of disk space.  A 10K email sent to 30,000 people will take 300M of disk
space and may take up to an hour to deliver (depending on how fast your mail
server is) if done via regular mail delivery, if done using maildir-bulletin
then it'll take a matter of seconds and only 10K of storage.  Also changing a
bulletin after you sent it is easy, just edit the file with vi.