Re: failure notice (about relays.osirusoft.com)

> On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 10:57:35AM +1000, Jason Lim wrote:
> > AND I REPEAT (since you didn't choose to reply to this):
> > [blah blah blah]
> >
> > What do you think now?
>
> i think you're bring up irrelevancies.  the fact that company A is doing
> wrong is not justification for company B doing the same.
>
> this thread is not about what rackspace or anyone else is doing.  it's
> about osirusoft blocking IADVANTAGE.
>
> osirusoft's decision to block iadvantage seems to be perfectly
> justified.

Oh really? Then why aren't Rackspace and Sprint, for example, listed? List
iAdvantage (Asian), but also list Rackspace (USA) and Telstra (AUS). Why
be biased against Asia, when obviously the USA and Western ISPs are the
root?

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=rackspace&as_ugroup=news.admin.net-ab
use.email

reveals 2620 messages concerning rackspace spam

AND

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=telstra&as_ugroup=news.admin.net-abus
e.email

reveals 4260 messages concerning Telstra spam.

What do you think now?

Then how come iAdvantage with a hundred or so complaints (and even most of
those aren't complaints... read some), is listed, while Telstra and
Rackspace with their THOUSANDS of complaints go unlisted?

Obviously they are doing something far worse than iAdvantage to have THAT
many complaints? Why be biased against iAdvantage, when it is obvious the
above Western ISPs, and many more, are getting FAR MORE complaints?

> see above.  both telstra and ozemail regularly get blacklisted when they
> deserve it.  why should iadvantage be immune just because they're asian
> and they never bother responding to spam complaints?  should asian ISPs
> be a special case, protected from the results of their own cluelessness
> and/or greed, simply because some of the sysadmins don't speak english?

No one is saying immune. Like I said... block iAdvantage, BUT ALSO BLOCK
RACKSPACE, and block all the rest of them, REGARDLESS OF COUNTRY, that
spam.

Why should RBLs be biased against Asia? You want fair... block Asia, BUT
ALSO BLOCK the USA/AU/Western ISPs that get lots of spam complaints.

Why should Telstra, Sprint and Rackspace be immune because they are
Western?