Re: failure notice (about relays.osirusoft.com)

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 10:57:35AM +1000, Jason Lim wrote:
> AND I REPEAT (since you didn't choose to reply to this):
> [blah blah blah]
>
> What do you think now?

i think you're bring up irrelevancies.  the fact that company A is doing
wrong is not justification for company B doing the same.

this thread is not about what rackspace or anyone else is doing.  it's
about osirusoft blocking IADVANTAGE.

osirusoft's decision to block iadvantage seems to be perfectly
justified.

perhaps if iadvantage and other asian ISPs actually bothered responding
to spam complaints and taking action, they might get more favourable
treatment from anti-spam services.  in the absence of any response,
however, the appropriate course of action is to assume that they are
actively complicit in the spamming offences.

> > so what?  telstra and ozemail (the latter is owned by uunet) here in
> > australia host thousands of legitimate businesses, and actually show
> > some signs of pursuing an anti-spam policy.  they still get black-listed
> > (and rightly so) when they're caught running open relays or refuse to
> > terminate a spammer's account.   the truth is that it is ONLY the fact
> > that various RBLs will list them that has forced them to have an
> > anti-spam policy and actually enforce it.
>
> See above.

see above.  both telstra and ozemail regularly get blacklisted when they
deserve it.  why should iadvantage be immune just because they're asian
and they never bother responding to spam complaints?  should asian ISPs
be a special case, protected from the results of their own cluelessness
and/or greed, simply because some of the sysadmins don't speak english?

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

Fabricati Diem, PVNC.