Re: [Help] IDE Raid

hi ya axcheng

there is not many hardware cards that is compatible with any linux version
	http://www.linux-ide.org/chipsets.html

	- only one "real hardware raid" ... and that list probably needs
	to be updated too with megaraid as being acceptable hw raid ??

- those that are supported chips sets will provide software raid...

- lots of motherboard companies tries to do "raid" in their firmware
  ( i call it firmware raid ....  avoid them if you like your data intact

-- true test of a properly configured raid system ...
	- pull each and all of the disks out ( one at a time )
	and boot everything should work fine like nothing is wrong
		- dont forget to let it resync between each boot ups

	- you should fix the raid subsystem asap from degraded mode
	before you have a second disk failure which will render the
	 entire raid subsystem into a bunch of random useless bits

http://www.1U-Raid5.net

c ya
alvin