Re: So ... Re: Maildirs in Debian

Hello!

El mar, 06-08-2002 a las 07:21, Jarno Elonen escribió:

> > Any packages treating with system mailbox handling, should use the
> > first word in the first line of this file, to determine how to
> > configure themselves.
>
> Sounds very good, but are you sure this is feasible enough to implement?
>
> It would probably be quite easy to make the packages *install* a proper
> configuration file per debconf, for example, but making them react correctly
> to changes in the /etc/default/maildelivery file *after* installation could

/usr/sbin/base-config  to switch from one delivery mode to another

dpkg-reconfigure <mua's,mta> for all mua's mta's installed on the system

would be the steps to reconfigure.  Now while you said and I think about
it,  each program working with mail-spools could register itself on
installation and de-register on de-installation, so the reconfiguration
process could be automated.

Let's make a package "maildelivery" and

dpkg-reconfigure maildelivery

would do the job above.