Re: lilo on /dev/hdb to work as /dev/hda

> > I have /dev/hdb that is a mirror of /dev/hda. It is not a image copy
> > though, so files may be in different sector/cylinder locations.
> >
> > I want to be able to pull the /dev/hdb and /dev/hda out; then replace
> > /dev/hda with this /dev/hdb.
> >
> > So when I do this I get Lilo's "L" error message. It can't find the second
> > stage boot loader.
>
> The easiest solution to this problem is to use software RAID-1 for the

Thanks for the idea, but I don't want a real-time snapshot.

Anyways, can lilo be used to setup a boot loader on /dev/hdb so that if
you physically move it to /dev/hda and boot it will boot successfully?

Again, it seems like the bios= option is not relevant, because it really
will be /dev/hda.

What is the most appropriate mailing list for lilo discussion?

Can grub do what I want?

Thanks,

  Jeremy C. Reed

http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/