Re: spamassassin or spamc/spamd for sitewide input filtering

On Sat, Aug 03, 2002 at 07:40:35PM +0100, Chris Evans wrote:
> I'm running postfix 1.1.11 under Debian 3.0 for a box that has a few
> local users and some Email lists.  I've got rav filtering for
> "malware" using its own daemon and I've pulled the spamassassin deb as
> I'd like to add to or supercede my collection of header & body checks
> and a few other tweaks (the "freemail" sender one) with spamassin and
> razor ... but I'm baffled by the various bits of documentation and
> correspondence on this and the spamassassin list I've filtered up.
> Nothing gives me what I thought I could have which was a simple
> addition of a few lines to master.cf and main.cf to get spamassin or
> spamc/d called as filters like the rav daemon.

install the latest amavis-postfix package (the latest version has
spamassasin support) and set it up as a postfix content filter.

either install clamav for virus scanning or configure amavis to run
/bin/true as the virus scanner....you mention 'rav daemon', probably an
AV program - configure amavis to run that.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

Fabricati Diem, PVNC.