Re: replicating, balanced web-server with *write* access?

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 02:09:01PM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> RAID on Network Block Devices. You get the benefits of RAID, but over a
> number of different machines, perhaps even on different networks if the
> topology allows for the performance requirements.
Does it really allow writing in *both* directions? I mean both servers
should be able to write to the same "filesystem" so they would have to
mount each other as nbd... Else it would only be good for one-way failover
service.

> It's A CRAZY SCHEME, but it MIGHT JUST WORK! [1]
yeah, that's what I want to have on my production servers <g>

> - Jeff
thanks,

 -christian-