RCS and perms (WAS: Re: non-root postfix admin; sudo -vs- super)

Hi Craig,

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, Craig Sanders wrote:

[...]
> the 660 permissions on the /etc/radius/radius.users file allow the admin
> group to edit it and check it in to RCS.

Could you elaborate on this please?

I started by ading a group "mailadm", the theory being that all the
relevant files would be modifiable by this group and all the people who
should be modifying such files would have suplementary membership of this
group.

What I can't seem to get right is a "simple" scheme so that they can't
(accidently ;-) fiddle with the RCS/ files.  i.e. it seems to need to be
like this:

neale@foo:/usr/local/mailadm/etc$ ls -l
total 11
drwxrwsr-x    2 root     mailadm      1024 Jul  4 18:31 RCS
-r--r--r--    1 neale    mailadm     10069 Jul  4 18:31 relay_domains

Or is this yet another job for sudo?  OTOH, perhaps I'm being overly
paranoid here?

Thanks,
Neale.