Re: New mirror site....

:-> "Michael" == Michael Blodgett <mblodget@cs.wisc.edu> writes:

    > 	I've been working to bring IPv6 capabilities to our current mirror site
    > @ mirror.cs.wisc.edu.  I'm not the mirror admin, but right now we mirror
    > the main debian distro. Who do I need to put our mirror admin in touch
    > with?

Hi,

if you (or anyone else) want to mirror the ipv6 archves, you can
simply rsync once a day (there's absolutely no need to mirror more
frequently - don't do it!) off the master site (debian.seabone.net).
Please do not mirror using wget.
There's also the possibility of getting an ssh trigger whenever
there's a modification in the archive. This works by placing an ssh
key that I'll provide you in your system, and letting it call your
favourite rsync script. If you are interested in this scheme mail me
privately, I'll send you the details.
The archive actually can go on for a few days without modifications,
so this scheme saves bandwitdh and cpu on both sides.

Ciao

Pf

 Pierfrancesco Caci | ik5pvx | mailto:p.caci@tin.it  -  http://gusp.dyndns.org
  Firenze - Italia  | Office for the Complication of Otherwise Simple Affairs
     Linux penny 2.4.21-ac1 #1 Sat Jun 14 22:51:10 CEST 2003 i686 GNU/Linux