New IPv6 packages

Hi all,
	this mail is to inform all the IPv6 users about a few changes that
will happen in the archive during the next days.

Until now the main policy was to keep all the IPv6 packages alligned with
version distributed in main. It is time for me to break this rule with 2
packages with this update round because we need to accelerate the testing
process. This will not be the normal case. It is an exception.

The first will be ntp-unstable to enter sid. ntp-unstable is a CVS
snapshot of ntp that supports IPv6 with one exception.

- From the maintainer mail in CC:

"It still misses a working ntptimeset, but everything else seems to work
OK, even with IPv6 :-)"

This package will NOT update your actual ntp installation since it
presents itself as ntp-unstable (NEW) and therefor it is versioned as any
normal debian package. (4.1.74-1)

the next one is (fasten your seatbelt!) XFree4.3 (from Daniel Stone) + the
IPv6 patch from X.org.

THIS WILL UPGRADE YOUR X4.2! BE CAREFUL!

The main reason why I have decide to include 4.3 is because both Daniel
and Branden are working together for the official release in Debian and
X.org has set a timeslot of 30 days for public review of their IPv6 patch
that has never been tested on linux (according to their documentation).

I did some basic tests on them and they look fine. They are backward
compatible with 4.2.1-6+ipv6 since the difference in the implementation is
relatively minimal. Some commands like xauth(1) now recognize ipv6 and
xhost(1) does not need the IPv4 in IPv6 mapped addresses (atleast
according to the tests i made but please report asap in case of
problems!).

The major parts that need tests are:

- - xauth
- - xdm

specially the second one since i had several merging problems.

Regards
Fabio

- --
Our mission: make IPv6 the default IP protocol
"We are on a mission from God" - Elwood Blues

http://www.itojun.org/paper/itojun-nanog-200210-ipv6isp/mgp00004.html