Re: sporatic failure to boot on sgi750

On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 14:21 -0400, Brian Szymanski wrote:
> I'm having sporatic failures to boot on an sgi750 (2x733MHz Merced)
> which I've recently obtained. Once the system is up, however, it's rock
> solid, so it doesn't seem to be a hardware problem. Also, the problem
> occurs whether booting from CD or booting from the hard drive. If I try
> to boot from the CD, the error looks like this:
>
> CD:
> Uncompressing Linux... done
> [ flashing cursor mocks me until i reboot ]
>
> HD:
> Uncompressing Linux... done
> [ flashing cursor mocks me until i reboot ]

This is typical if the console is NOT where you think it was at.
You should see what CONSOLE= parameter is being passed in your elilo
config.

I'd guess that the working config has a different CONSOLE= than those
that don't work. You can also just run through different answers. (In
addition to the serial port being wrong, the baud could also be
wrong--try a variety 9600 and up.)

-dave