Re: 32-bits applications

On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 10:53 +0100, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it "easy" to run 32-bits applications on the ia64 port?
>
> A customer has an HP rx2600 and he wants an thin-client server. I need
> applications like OOo, flash, acroread, java, etc.
>
> Or is it maybe better for me to use the ia32-port with an ia64 kernel?
> ( Or ask the customer to buy another machine with Xeon or AMD64
> processors? )
>
> With regards,
> Paul van der Vlis.

Most 32-bit apps should run fine on ia64 Linux as long as one has
ia32-libs installed.

--
Khalid

Khalid Aziz                       Open Source and Linux Organization
(970)898-9214                                        Hewlett-Packard
khalid.aziz@hp.com                                  Fort Collins, CO

"The Linux kernel is subject to relentless development"
                                - Alessandro Rubini