Linker Failure

I'm trying to build/install the nvidia driver.
downloaded NVIDIA-Linux-ia64-1.0-5336-pkg1.run
ran extract-only
installed DavidM's patch
(kernel is 2.6.12-1-mckinley kernel headers have benn installed)
ran make install
Had two instances of illegal lvalue type Since LHS was beibng cast to
type that var already had, I moved the cast to RHS That apparently fixed
these two cases. Quite a few warnings, though.
Now I'm getting an error from ld
ld: cannot open linker script file /usr/src/linuux-headers-2.6.12-1-mckinley/
arch/ia64/module.lds: No such file or directory

Is there another piece that must be installed to build a kernel module?

(I would skip all this and just go with the 2D nv driver but it produces
 an image that is only about 2/3 of the monitor and is off center
 as well)

Richard Harke