Re: KDE font antialiasing problem

Please, can you check that AntiAliasing=true in your
.kde/share/config/kdeglobals? I already experienced the case where the
antialiasing font box was checked int the Control Center, but in fact
disabled due the variable being not set in the KDE config file.

With nVIDIA 40.50 and hp-customized 44.31 drivers, I have some graphic
artifacts like you. And logging out to the login screen (I'm using kdm)
gives an incorrect screen. I must switch to a text console and then go
back to the X mode to have the screen redrawn correctly. I don't use any
framebuffer that freezes the X server on my hp workstation i2000.
However, I have no problem at all with nVIDIA driver 31.27 (no artifact
at all, no incorrect login screen). I'm still using the original XFree86
4.1.0 supplied with Woody 3.0r2. My Linux kernel is a customized
2.4.19-itanium-smp too (DIG platform, not generic).