what to do about evolution?

Evolution still appears to be hit or miss (with more "miss" than
"hit").  I made an effort many months ago to get evolution patches in
and they seem to have been ignored.  I really would like to have
evolution work out-of-the-box on ia64 (if only so I can synchronize my
ipaq with it) and I don't think it's very hard to get to that points
(the bugs that keep it from working are usually just stupid 64-bit
dirtiness issues), but there is no point in developing the patches if
they're ignored.

How do others feel about this issue?  Anybody willing to help me get
the necessary patches into the Debian/sarge package---via
non-maintainer upload, if need be?

Thanks,

	--david