Re: Installation Guide translation needed: (forw) kFreeBSD Hardware support part of the Debian Installation Guide

Quoting Clytie Siddall (clytie@riverland.net.au):

> This is historical, isn't it? po4a made the conversion more viable at some point. I know I much prefer using gettext, because I have all the tools available, especially for updating and checking strings.
>
> How difficult or time-consuming would it be to convert currently non-po languages to gettext?

See Omar's answer. However, I need to point that some translators may
prefer sticking with XML-based translation. I'm sure this is the case
for French, at least, where Philippe Batailler does a great job...and
prefers working with XML files...