Intent to NMU xfonts-wqy to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs
Dear Debian maintainer,
The xfonts-wqy Debian package, which you are the maintainer of, has
pending bug report(s) which include translation updates or fixes
for po-debconf, namely bug number 515879 (and maybe other similar bugs).
The i18n team is now hunting the very last bits of missing localization
and your package went on our radar. You may have uploaded recently but,
unfortunately for you, you then got *another* l10n bug report.
So, sorry for this, but the radar beeped at your package and here am I
with an NMU intent...:-)
I have the intention, as part of a more general action of the Debian
i18n Task Force to build and possibly upload a non-maintainer upload
for xfonts-wqy in order to fix this as well as all pending translations
for the debconf templates.
Of course, an upload made by you would even be better...:-)
Such changes are always harmless, which explains why I safely consider
building NMU's for such issues even though they're obviously non critical.
The schedule for the NMU (in case it happens, that is if you agree with it
or if I don't receive any answer in 10 days) is roughly the following:
Thursday, September 24, 2009 : send this notice
Monday, September 28, 2009 : post a NMU announcement to debian-i18n with you
this can happen earlier if the maintainer agrees
In such case, the deadlines below will also
Sunday, October 04, 2009 : (midnight) deadline for receiving translation updates
Monday, October 05, 2009 : build the package and upload it to DELAYED/7-day
send the NMU patch to the BTS
Monday, October 12, 2009 : NMU reaches incoming
If you intent to upload yourself, please notify me so that I interrupt
the process on my side. Please also don't upload without a discussion
with me. Some translators might send a few new translations and I can handle
a round of translation updates for you. Really, don't upload silently...:-)
In case I upload an NMU, I will subscribe to the Package Tracking System for
xfonts-wqy and follow its life for 60 days after my NMU in order to fix
any issue potentially introduced by my upload.
Let me know, as soon as possible, if you have any kind of objection to this
If you'd rather do the fix yourself, I will of course leave the package
alone. Same if you have reasons not to do the update now.