Re: Call for translations: Release announcement

El día 12 de febrero de 2009 4:21, Roger Orellana
<rjorellana@gmail.com> escribió:
>   Hello Alexander.
>
>  I has been translate the Lenny Announcement to spanish
> and I was send you attached.

I would like to thank Roger for being so speedy with the translation
but please notice that this translation is a draft and is still
pending review from the Spanish translation team. We will try to get
out an updated version soon.

Also, to make matters easier for translators, I would like to add my
2c. It would be nice if next time somebody reuses content that is
available elsewhere (and has been translated already) and asks for
translations in a message such as this to the debian-i18n mailing list
pointed translators to the original/previous sources. In this case:

- Previous versions of the release notes, which might have been
translated previoulsy: http://www.debian.org/News/2007/20070408 (It
looks like some content such as the 'About Debian' is reused in these
release notes)

- The Release Notes themselves (at
http://www.debian.org/releases/lenny/) since some of the content there
(such as the dedication) has been used verbatim.

Pointing out that the content has been reaped^Wreused from other
sources would prevent translators from doing double work. It is not
always the case (specially when publishing a new release every two
years) that translators are aware that the content might have been
translated before by other members.

Thank you,

Javier