status of the (Debian Edu) etch documentation - beginning of the lenny documenta tion

Hi,

debian-edu-doc (1.2~20090115) contains the documentation for Debian Edu etch
and I'm happy to announce that the Italian and (norwegian) Bokmal
translations are _complete_ (as is the source, english), while the german and
french versions look promising, only spanish is quite a bit (more) behind.

release-manual.de.po: 666 translated messages, 88 fuzzy translations, 141
untranslated messages.
release-manual.es.po: 121 translated messages, 184 fuzzy translations, 590
untranslated messages.
release-manual.fr.po: 523 translated messages, 217 fuzzy translations, 155
untranslated messages.
release-manual.it.po: 895 translated messages.
release-manual.nb.po: 895 translated messages.

debian-edu-doc also contains a rosegarden manual, which so far "only" has been
translated to Bokmal, albeit fully. Of course there is also the english
source.

rosegarden-manual.nb.po: 594 translated messages.

If you want to help translating, just read this documentation, how to
translate is explained there. In case you need help with translating (after
reading the howto), don't hesitate to ask here on this list. I will gladly
help. (Also in german on the german list :)

During the developer gathering in Trondheim I finally plan to start with the
lenny version of the documentation (of Debian Edu - the rosegarden manual is
targeted at etch+lenny anyway), which at first will be 100% identical to the
etch version, so that the existing translations can be used.

_If_ you still want to finish the german, french or italian translation,
please be fast and release your translated strings often. (Just send them to
the BTS, or commit them to svn if you can, or as a last resort, mail them to
me.)

Once we reached that point in time where translating the etch version is not
useful for the lenny version anymore (as they have become too different), I
will send an announcement here. Right now you can still improve etch _and_
have the sideeffect that the work is also useful for lenny.

Kudos & thanks to all translators, and also all documentation writers. Your
work is extremly important!

regards,
	Holger