Re: Localised artwork and option to select this as part of locale/language selection during installation

On 23/05/2008, at 10:54 PM, Sri Ramadoss M wrote:

On Monday 19 May 2008 11:27:54 Praveen A wrote:
desktop-base-<language code>
with localized login screens, wallpapers and splash screens? This
occured to me when we had 3 GDM themes with Kerala's natural scenes
developed by our l10n group (Swathanthra Malayalam Computing - smc).
In the same way we have cutomised tasks for desktops, this would make
debian colser to more people.

I too have similar opinion on this for Tamil Language.

This is a really good idea, as it does indeed make the software more culturally-friendly. It also involves non-coders more in the software community. We have a lot of under-used graphic art resources out there. ;)

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
http://vnoss.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=projects:l10n