Re: syslinux F1..F6 screens

On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 05:53:31AM +0200, René Mérou wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to traslate the F1-F6 ... screens.

Do you mean these files:
ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/etch/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/debian-installer/i386/boot-screens/ ?

I have no idea where are they generated from, they are indeed in the
debian-installer sources (installer/build/boot/x86) but there does not seem
to be a translation infraestructure for them.

Searching, I've found there is already a translation for them at Ubuntu's
Launchpad. Actually, they are translated already into some languages. For
example: Spanish
https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/feisty/+source/debian-installer/+pots/help/es/+translate

I have no idea how Ubuntu wraps those PO files into the help system used by
syslinux.

Christian, might it be something that could be improvied in the l10n/i18n of
the Debian's installer?

Regards

Javier