Questions about DDTP

Hello,

Given recent changes in apt I have several questions.

1. How to change description for a given package? I can only find
command for getting random untranslated description.

2. How to remove all "translations"? All that I saw so far are
unuseable (uk).

3. What encoding should be used for translations (I hope the answer is
UTF-8)? Does apt handle encoding conversion? What I see now is
translations in different encodings and garbage in apt-get output.

4. How to know who "translated" those descriptions in Ukrainian?

Thanks,
Eugeniy Meshcheryakov