Re: [translate-pootle] gettext with non-en source language

This is part of the specs, even if we have not yet got to it.

Not only the online editor of Pootle will be able to display a second language to assist the translator, but it will also allow exporting files for offline translation that includes a third language. This is difficult to do with PO files, but it will not be a problem for XLIFF files. The XLIFF format permits including as part of a translation unit the source string, the target string, comments and what is called alternative-translations, which can be either translation memory information, previous translations of the same string or the translation to a third language.

The offline XLIFF editor that we (WordForge) are working on will be able to recognise that this third language is present and will allow the translator to display it whenever he requires it.

Javier

Daniel Espinosa wrote:

Could Pootle show an already existing translation like Spanish (even one or both laguages in the front end page), to help that peaple to find a knew language to work on in the translation?