Re: [translate-pootle] gettext with non-en source language

Hi all,

I cannot answer the original question, but I would like to share once
again the experience of the Kurdish team. We have several very active
translators who know very little English, but know other languages
like Turkish or Arabic well. We are using the Rosetta web interface,
because it allows to display one alternative language besides English.
For programs that are already translated in Turkish or Arabic, this
works fine. In fact, we are prefering Rosetta to Pootle mainly because
of this "killer feature".

Of course a QA of the resulting translations by someone who knows
English well is necessary, but this procedure allows bilingual persons
who do not know English to translate po-files in a convenient manner
in the first place.

Best regards,
Erdal