Re: gettext with non-en source language

I thank everyone for the replies to this query.  I think the situation
is that the source code language is not English - that is, the
programmer community has various first languages and generally knows
Esperanto to a sufficient standard, but not English.  I suspect this may
be an increasingly likely situation as more Spanish-, Portuguese- and
Chinese-speaking programmers enter our community, although it is
currently not common.  English is a pig to learn well, even for the
English.

I am particularly thankful that I only saw one reply criticising the
non-use of English ;-)

I will translate and relay the replies I received soon.

Thanks,
--
MJR/slef