Re: Please DO NOT waste your time translating qmail-src debconf templates

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 07:20:50AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Given the attitude of the maintainer in #388952, I'm afraid that the
> only sane recommendation I can make for Debian translators is to avoid
> wasting their time translating the deebconf templates of the package
> named "qmail-src".

Christian,

After (briefly) reading the bug report, I understand your frustration.
Apparently Jon, the maintainer of qmail-src, feels differently about
what a debconf template should and shouldn't do.

I don't know how many translators agree with me, but I would suggest
removing qmail-src from DDTP/DDTSS if it's easy, to make sure qmail-src
is at the lowest priority on translator's list.

Ming
2006.09.25