Re: How to use localized descriptions ?

On 9/23/06, Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
If I'm correct, the new APT in unstable does *not* have the translated
descriptions support. This is only implemented in the APT in
experimental.

Correct, you need the APT in experimental. Secondly you need to have
you locale set correctly to find the right language. Thirdly, if you
want to see the most recent translations, you need to add a line
pointing to ddtp.debian.net to your sources.list.

Actually, the i18n meeting in Extremadura concluded that we, i18n task
force, should make all efforts needed to get this feature in unstable.

Michael?:-)

I'm sure he's around somewhere, but I havn't heard from him in a while.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/