Re: DDTP: Word wrap in package descriptions

On 21/09/2006, at 9:27 PM, Nicolas François wrote:

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 12:31:06PM +0200, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

Some languages don't use spaces but I remember seeing a module
somewhere that did multilingual wrapping, so I'll see if that can
work.

It's probably libtext-wrapi18n-perl.
I don't know if it deals nicely with all languages (e.g. what about
Vietnamese?).

I haven't become involved with the DDTP temporary frontend, since I'm waiting for the Pootle integration, but I'm happy to test anything for you. Our language works well as a test case for Unicode support etc. (which is a tactful way of saying it tends to break things ;) ).

As far as word wrap is concerned, our language is all monosyllabic words, so it provides more opportunities for breaking the line than languages with longer/polysyllabic words. In any case, we discourage breaking any of the words: we have enough diacritics to take in visually without additional hyphens and breaking the reading line.