Re: (forw) Launching a NMU campaign for pending l10n bugs

Quoting Marco d'Itri (md@Linux.IT):
> On Sep 16, Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > With Lucas Wall agreement, here is a mail I initially sent him
> > privately about the NMU campaign. I'll also repost other parts of this
> > initial thread as I got the agreement of the involved people.
> I object to l10n-relatd NMUs of my packages.
> The missing catalogs will be added to all packages in time for the
> freeze (or with the next upload).

The NMU campaign takes care of that interaction. In early 2005, we
established a practice described in
http://people.debian.org/~lwall/i18n/nmu/

This practice is very careful about the NMUer/maintainer
interaction. see the proposed mail templates which have been rewritten
after....I had an incident with a maintainer who had about the same
reaction than you..:-)

So, indeed, in case someone in the NMU team forgets that Md packages
are taboo and send you a NMU intent mail, please take care to mention
him/her that you don't feel that need. Your will will be respected.

Actually, I don't completely agree with the policy of letting
translations rot in the BTS, which is a bad signal sent to
translators, imho. However, I didn't checked if that's really the case
for *your* packages, Marco....:)