(forw) Re: Launching a NMU campaign for pending l10n bugs

Lucas answer to my mail. This should be the last one and the thread is
now "reconstructed".

----- Forwarded message from Lucas Wall <lwall@debian.org> -----

Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 15:16:19 -0300
From: Lucas Wall <lwall@debian.org>
To: Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org>
Cc: thomas.huriaux@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Launching a NMU campaign for pending l10n bugs

On 15/09/06 12:56, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Lucas Wall (lwall@debian.org):
>> On 15/09/06 02:00, Christian Perrier wrote:
>>
>>> I presented the procedure we used back in early 2005 and everybody
>>> agreed that we can re-use most parts of the process and
>>> infrastructure.
>>>
>>> Do you think that we could wake up things and re-use that
>>> infrastructure? If you can't, we will of course setup something else,
>>> probably from your scripts....but of course, re-using it would be easier.
>>>
>>> PS, later: see also Thomas Huriaux recent announcement in -i18n
>> Sure, no problem. The scripts would need some adjustments. Is the
>> current list the direct output of Thomas' script? Or does it have some
>> manual editing? Can the script be used to keep the packages status
>> updated? Beyond the package list (and some info focus changes) do you
>> think there are other changes needed?
>>
>> If we iron out the details I'll work on the scripts over the weekend.
>

> Actually, let's try to get Thomas answer about all this and be sure
> that we're not doing duplicate work.
>
> Thomas, I suggest we work with Lucas so that he can update his old
> scripts to fit our new goal.....and you can adjust your extraciton
> scripts so that they keep the list used by Lucas script up-to-date as
> long as the work advances.

I would just need some kind of file I could parse from a perl script.
Ideally I would run a cron on gluck[1] to pull this file from somewhere
(with http for example) and update the list with the info.

> It would also be nice if we get some progress report at the end of the
> campaign...thus following how many packages we've fixed and the
> "score" of each.

No problem with that.

> I suggest we move this to debian-i18n so that discussions are
> archived. If you do so, please keep all quotes so that people can have
> a reference to originally private discussions. I don't do it now as I
> need you, Lucas, to be OK for initially private mails to be quoted
> publicly.

You can quote me on d-i18n (I'm also subscribed to the list, so you
don't need to CC me if you reply there).

K.-

[1] Currenly the scripts run on my home in gluck. I have absolutely no
problem with this, but if you prefere we can move them somewhere else
(more public?). Somewhere like haydn.d.o?

--
Lucas Wall <kthulhu@kadath.com.ar>      .''`.
Buenos Aires, Argentina                : :ø :   Debian GNU/Linux

----- End forwarded message -----