(forw) Re: Launching a NMU campaign for pending l10n bugs

My answer to Lucas answer (Thomas Huriaux was CC'ed)

----- Forwarded message from Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> -----

Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 17:56:22 +0200
From: Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org>
To: Lucas Wall <lwall@debian.org>, thomas.huriaux@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Launching a NMU campaign for pending l10n bugs

Quoting Lucas Wall (lwall@debian.org):
> On 15/09/06 02:00, Christian Perrier wrote:
>
> > I presented the procedure we used back in early 2005 and everybody
> > agreed that we can re-use most parts of the process and
> > infrastructure.
> >
> > Do you think that we could wake up things and re-use that
> > infrastructure? If you can't, we will of course setup something else,
> > probably from your scripts....but of course, re-using it would be easier.
> >
> > PS, later: see also Thomas Huriaux recent announcement in -i18n
>
> Sure, no problem. The scripts would need some adjustments. Is the
> current list the direct output of Thomas' script? Or does it have some
> manual editing? Can the script be used to keep the packages status
> updated? Beyond the package list (and some info focus changes) do you
> think there are other changes needed?
>
> If we iron out the details I'll work on the scripts over the weekend.

Actually, let's try to get Thomas answer about all this and be sure
that we're not doing duplicate work.

Thomas, I suggest we work with Lucas so that he can update his old
scripts to fit our new goal.....and you can adjust your extraciton
scripts so that they keep the list used by Lucas script up-to-date as
long as the work advances.

It would also be nice if we get some progress report at the end of the
campaign...thus following how many packages we've fixed and the
"score" of each.

I suggest we move this to debian-i18n so that discussions are
archived. If you do so, please keep all quotes so that people can have
a reference to originally private discussions. I don't do it now as I
need you, Lucas, to be OK for initially private mails to be quoted
publicly.

----- End forwarded message -----