Re: Catching packages with long-standing l10n bugs

Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs@computer.org> (15/09/2006):
> On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 08:19:20PM +0200, Thomas Huriaux wrote:
> > During the Extremadura meeting, we decided to launch an NMU campaign for
> > l10n bugs. The first step of such a campaign is to detect which packages
> > have long-standing l10n bugs. I've written a "dl10n-nmu" script, available
> > in the debian-l10n project CVS on alioth [1], which scores packages
> > according to the number and the age of l10n bugs.
> >
> > The results (daily updated) are available at
> >   http://haydn.debian.org/~thuriaux-guest/l10n-nmu/nmu_bypackage.html
> >   http://haydn.debian.org/~thuriaux-guest/l10n-nmu/nmu_maintainer.html
>
> Looks really cool.
>
> > Suggestions, comments and patches are obviously welcomed.
>
> IMHO localeconf, due to it's approach (setting up user's l10n) should be
> handled before any other package.

Note that localeconf has been requested to be removed from the archive
(#379033).

> Does the rating also take into account popcon? I think there will less
> users installing fujiplay than say, hotplug.

It is now introduced through the basic coefficient:
  2 - (popcon_rank / 10000)
using the "source", "inst" ranking, e.g. hotplug's score will be
multiplied by around 1.9, while fujiplay's score will be multiplied by
around 1.03 (but it's no longer on the page as I closed the bugs a few
hours ago).

Thanks for your comments.

--
Thomas Huriaux