Re: [g-i] new screenshots available (dejavu 2.9)

On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 03:17:35PM +0200, G Karunakar wrote:
> Hindi looks fine in this screenshot.. but i found some other issues -
> eg  the top part of Hindi string above the base line (from which
> character seem to hang) is not appearing in the text just below the
> logo banner, in the installer ...
>
> see the second row of images here (with 'err' in their names)
> http://www.indlinux.org/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=14

looks like the screenshots you provided were taken using the old
graphic libraries (2.0.9); g-i switched to much newer libraries
(2.8.x) after beta3 was released.

I grabbed a screenshot [1] of the main menu using a daily iso (see [2])
and it looks to me like the problem you describe is fixed; I tried it
also with a patched version of the graphic libraries (which fixes the
vertical line on the top-right side of the screen) and it still seems ok (see [3])

regards,
Davide

[1] http://www.webalice.it/zinosat/g-i/hindi_20060913.png
[2] http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/images/daily/gtk-miniiso/mini.iso