Re: Comment field in DDTSS?

Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
On 8/21/06, Jacob Sparre Andersen <sparre@nbi.dk> wrote:

Would it be possible to add a comment field per package translation in DDTSS?

Sounds like a good idea, what were you thinking? A free-form field after the translation where anything could be typed.

Yes.

Whatever was there would be added to a running log so you could have a sort of discussion and see what people said before?

I would do it simpler. Just a single field, where subsequent reviewers replace or append to the existing text.

Two things:

1. How big a field? Would a single line be enough or were
   you thinking multiline?

I single line might not be enough. I was imagining something like the field for the long package description.

2. Do you want it to be kept after the translation has
   been sent?

I didn't consider that. But no. There's not much point in that. My idea with the field is simply to ease the discussion about specific translations, so the translation can converge faster.

Greetings,

Jacob
--
from DoD Directive 2000.12

"DEFINITIONS
(...)
 18. Terrorism.  The calculated use of violence or threat of
 violence to inculcate fear; intended to coerce or to
 intimidate governments or societies in the pursuit of goals
 that are generally political, religious, or ideological."