Re: Google summer of code: i18n infrastructure

On Monday 15 May 2006 16:01, Thomas Huriaux wrote:
> "cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)" <cobaco@skolelinux.no> (15/05/2006):
> >   1) integrate www.debian.org/intl/l10n/po-debconf/nl with the bot-page
> > on dutch.debian.net, and similar for other teams. This has been
> > proposed before, but AFAIK nothing has materialized, not sure if anyone
> > is currently working on this
>
> Do you mean something like this?

>  $ dl10ndebconf
>                               _______________________
>  _____________________________|_____po-debconf______|
>
>  |______package_______________|__%__|____details____|
>  |arno-iptables-firewall      |95.1%|    39/2/0     |podebconf(lcfc, 2
>  | days) bacula                      |40%  |    2/1/2
>  | |podebconf(taf, 1 days) courier                     |93.7%|    30/0/2
>  |    |podebconf(rfr, 1 days) logtool                     |81.2%|
>  | 13/3/0     |
>  |openssh                     |76.4%|    13/4/0     |podebconf(rfr, 2
>  | days) tex-common                  |61.9%|    13/5/3
>  | |podebconf(rfr, 3 days) w3c-markup-validator        |50%  |    2/2/0
>  |    |podebconf(taf, 2 days) watchdog                    |     |
>  | 0/0/4      |podebconf(rfr, 1 days)
>  | ____________________________|_____|_______________|
>  |TOTAL (assume BTS = 1; fr)  |99.6%|  8614/17/11   |
>  |____________________________|_____|_______________|
>
> If yes, see the debian-l10n project on alioth.

yep, that's exactly what I meant, but it needs to be on the debian.org/intl
pages:

We currently have sections there
1) Packages with po-debconf support and for which translation is underway
2) Packages with po-debconf support and for which translation is done
3) Packages with po-debconf support and for which translation is to do

Should become (IMHO):
1) Packages with po-debconf support for which the translation needs an
   update: everything with partial translation that isn't being worked on.
   Mark with RFU (request for update) date (automaticaly when one is send
   out by podebonf-report-po?).
2) Packages with po-debconf support and for which translation is underway:
   everything that's in RFR or LCFC state
3) Packages with po-debconf support and for which translation is done:
   done in package and done in BTS (with indication of which is which)
4) Packages with po-debconf support and for which translation is to do

> > [1] http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/po-debconf/nl or
> >     http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/po/nl mostly, though the latter has
> >     mostly non-debian-specific stuff
>
> You have an "Upstream:" field in the database used to generate these
> pages, based on the presence of a diff in the source package and the
> presence of a dash in the version. This can be easily used by dl10n-txt
> (see the --debian (no diff, no dash) or the --diff-only (no diff)
> options).
> However, with these criteria, wxwidgets is a debian-specific package
> while aptitude isn't, but these are exceptions.

right I see 3 classes of apps here:
1) debian stuff (apt, dpkg, ... i.e. Debian is upstream), is probably in
   debian-native packages (not sure if this is generally true)
  -> primary target for translation by Debian l10n teams
2) no upstream translation team
  -> secondary target for translation by Debian l10n teams, leave alone
     untill debian-specific stuff is done.
3) upstream has a translation team (KDE, Gnome, ...)
  -> shouldn't be touched directly by Debian, integrate any work with
     upstream translation team

So: 1 = no diff, no dash
    2 ~= no diff (upstream team might not have gotten to specific component
         yet so only aproximate)
    3 ~= diff
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)