Re: DebianDay

On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 11:29:45AM +0200, Martin Quinson wrote:
> On 27/06/2005, at 11:22 PM, Luk Claes wrote:
>
> >You can find the slides at http://people.debian.org/~luk/i18n-l10n.pdf
>
> On silde 16, you could give a better look of the variable hierarchy
> LANG is overrided by everyone
> LC_* is for fine setting
> LC_ALL overrides everyone
>
> You could also show how to get a fallback other than english:
> LANG=no:da:en
> (it does not work for LC_?? variables)

I doubt that this works. As far as I know only the LANGUAGE variable
supports a colon separated list of preferred languages. Please see
info libc for more details (I'm not sure about the following: LANGUAGES is
used by gettext only (instead of LC_MESSAGES) but does not affect other
categories such as LC_MONETARY), according to the info page LC_ALL is
NOT an environment variable but only macro (for the setlocale

**
page 4: s/seperator/separator/ (a VERY common typo)
page 10,14, ...: use -- instead of ndash infront of keyword options
page 15: maybe add a note about the update-po target of automake
         generated makefiles
page 24: error in URL: you have to protect ~ in ~seppy in LaTeX!

Jens