Re: Wanted: Keyboard info

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 19:27, Tim Dijkstra wrote:
> I do not know much about the workings of d-i, but shouldn't us_intl be
> selectable? It is the keymap that is used by 99% of the PC-users in
> the Netherlands and I imagine many more in the rest in Europe.

Hmmm. Personally I use the standard US keymap as I don't like having the
dead keys that us_intl has.
But then, I never use accented characters from console.

Which variant do you use? us-intl.iso15?

What keymap do you use in X?
Even there I use the default us keymap, but with AltGr defined to combine
characters. That way I can easily create accented characters, but still
can easily type ", ' and ~ (which I find I do more often than accented
characters).
The disadvantage is that I don't have the Euro properly supported, but for
me that's a minor annoyance.

My info for X:
$ xprop -root _XKB_RULES_NAMES
_XKB_RULES_NAMES(STRING) = "xfree86", "pc104", "us", "",
"grp:switch,compose:ralt"