Re: [?] internationalizing shell scripts

Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> I think I like the /bin/sh solution by Santiago Vila better for
> portability reasons, but this one seems to offer a handle for
> integration in my automake/autoconf/gettext build machinery.
> Any ideas?  Does gettext support shell scripts out of the box?

If you mean there is an automatic procedure for extracting msgids from
shell script which use the gettext program for i18n, I don't know, but
please take a look at the gettext package in project/experimental, which
has a much improved manual and more features (for example, java support).