Re: [?] internationalizing shell scripts

Hi,

At 16 May 2002 15:47:31 +0900,
Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:

> Dear .debs,
>
> I'd swear I saw it fly by on one of the debian lists I subscribe to,
> but now I can't find it for the life of me.
>
>   How do I internationalize my shell scripts?
>
> The C parts of the package are already using AM_GNU_GETTEXT if that
> makes a diference.
>
> Please tell me what FM2R and I'll happily do so.

I think you mean translation by the word "internationalization".
(For CJK people, "i18n" almost always means multibyte support.
I imagine the word means combining character support for Thai
people and bidi support for Hebrew and Arab people.)

http://www.gnu.org/manual/bash/html_chapter/bashref_3.html#SEC13
though this needs bash.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>