Euro key

Hi !

I'm sorry if this looks like a newbie's question, but I can't have the
Euro key work, and I'd like to understand the mechanism.

In X11, I can make a "cent" (¢) with AltGr+c but AltGr+e prints:
	- e on Potato
	- nothing on Woody
and AltGr+$ gives me the strange "currency" sign (round inside a cross).
How can I fix this ?

In console, if I "loadkeys euro.inc.gz", I can make the cent, but get a
square for AltGr+e. Same for Altgr+$ (currency).
I suppose this is due to a bad console font. How can I fix this ? Will I
see the "euro" sign or the "currency" stuff ?

Please understant that I want to make this work for both woody and
potato.

Thanks in advance for your help,
--
Nicolas SABOURET