Re: Re: Build of emacs_23.2+1-7

On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 02:17 +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Package: emacs23
> Version: 23.2+1-7
> Severity: important
> Tags: patch
> User: debian-hurd@lists.debian.org
> Usertags: hurd
>
> Hello,
>
> Svante Signell, le Wed 19 Jan 2011 14:10:09 +0100, a écrit :
> > After installing emacs23 when trying to start it I get the following
> > error: (Googling did not give any useful.)
> > (Trying both xterm from a ssh login and hurd-console)
> >
> > user@kvm-hurd:~ emacs -nw
> > emacs: Not a tty device: /dev/tty
>
> There's bogus code there indeed:
..
>  The obvious fix is attached.

Yippee, I managed to add the patch from Samuel to the patches with quilt
and rebuilt emacs. Now it works in non-window mode, thank you Samuel!
Has nobody tried emacs before in GNU/Hurd since this bug is still there?
I know that real programmers use vi, but anyway.

I assume that there will be no updates until the squeeze release, not
even an NMU for the Hurd fixing this problem!?

In case somebody is interested I can send the emacs23_23.2
+1-7.debian.tar.gz including the patch (unfortunately did not update the
version due to lack of a decent editor :) or the .deb files (not signed,
since I'm not a maintainer).

> > Starting emacs under X complains about GConf/D-Bus problems:
> > (Trying both xterm and rxvt)
> > (emacs:17248): Gdk-WARNING **: shmget failed: error 1073741826 (No
> > such file or directory)
>
> That's another matter: nobody has written an shmget implementation
> yet unfortunately...

Does it help to file a bug report?

Svante