Re: blank screen after executing console command...

On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 11:35:11AM +0200, Marco Gerards wrote:
> Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> writes:
> How easy is it to reproduce this problem?  Is it reproducible with any
> box or just with specific configurations?

Only with some, it seems.  My old Celeron notebook suffered from it,
though I did not try it there for a while.  My ThinkPad is fine.

> Where did you add the printfs?

(January 5th, 2005)
17:09 < azeem> marco_g: so if I put a printf("foo\n"); directly after
	the mach_port_allocate () if err {} stuff, I get a hang. If I
	put that printf a bit further down (e.g. after the update_leds
	();), I get through to the console

I guess that is about console-client/pc-kbd.c, around line 1120.

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Debian Developer