Fwd: Installation of Hurd/K8 problem

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:

Absender beim Zurücksenden: debian-hurd@lists.debian.org
Von: Shailesh Mahadik <ssmahadik@gmail.com>
Datum: 20. April 2005 00:14:16 MESZ
An: Thomas Schlesinger <schlesinger@netcologne.de>
Cc: debian-hurd@lists.debian.org
Betreff: Re: Installation of Hurd/K8 problem
Antwort an:
Shailesh Mahadik <ssmahadik@gmail.com>

I doubt Thomas,

U have mentioned /dev/hda1

It means the primary master on the first ide Slot

So the equivalent device naming convention would be

hd0s1 and not hd1s1 (as u have written)

Try that out

Hope I am of some help ....

Keep me informed ..

Shailesh,

thank you for your reply. Meanwhile I've found out the cause for my problems. It was a typo ("-t type" instead of "-t typed"), that I didn't recognize for several days ;-(

The Hurd is now working on my machine, though my SIS900 network adapter isn't supported yet, at least not without a patch.

Thomas