Re: xattr-hurd kernel-images updated (unstable/hoary)

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 05:02:30PM -0400, Hiran Watson wrote:
> What sort of testing should I be doing? As in, I'm not sure of the
> exact xtra attrs that hurd has, and thus what should I test for.

One thing you can do is run crosshurd.  If you have the attr package
installed and a xattr-hurd enabled kernel, it will setup the passive
translators from GNU/Linux, (you'll get notified about this at the end
of the extraction process) and you only have to run native-install once.

Or, you can use getfattr/setfattr to list/set passive translators on
GNU/Hurd partitions from GNU/Linux.  Something like

getfattr -d -n "gnu.*" /gnu/servers/*

should work I think.  Google for Roland's original mail on bug-hurd for
more information.

Further, you could install star and extract the old xattr-hurd tarball
from
http://people.debian.org/~mbanck/xattr-hurd/gnu-latest.tar.bz2

See the old announcments at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-hurd/2004/08/msg00006.html