Re: [ pkg-hurd-Patches-301184 ] FTBFS - nas-1.7

On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 09:54:11AM -0700, noreply@alioth.debian.org wrote:
> OK, I was able to build nas-1.7.  Unfortunately I copied a soundcard.h
> directly from Debian GNU/Linux which allowed me to build.  However,
> most likely, the ioctls are incorrect.

I am starting to believe that we should just not build the sound server
as long as we do not have sound support at all.  AFAICT, NAS is similar
to an X-Server, i.e. it "displays" the sound produced by various clients
(locally or via the network) on the local hardware (sound hardware, in
this case).

What we are mostly interested in currently are the accompayning
libaudio package which are Build-Depended on by other packages.

Maybe somebody more clueful in this audio stuff can weigh in here,
whether it would be useful (or even possible) to stub out hardware (i.e.
OSS) stuff from the sound server in order to get it built.

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Debian Developer