Re: Including a static ext2fs for large stores by default

Michael Banck wrote:
For
now, I decided to just copy libpager, libdiskfs and ext2fs to
libpager-ogi, libdiskfs-ogi and ext2fs-ogi, apply his patch and dump the

Interesting approach :-)

The alternative would be to just put Ogi's patch straight into the Hurd
package (and possibly upload it to experimental first). I'd be
interested what people think about that, also considering this implies
an ABI change (though contained to the Hurd itself, AFAIK)

Although probably there won't be many problems with the ABI change (glibc?), it's not good to put Debian so far from upstream Hurd. I think that presence of ext2fs.static.big is enough, but we must make sure that people know about it. For example, by updating the following Debian GNU/Hurd pages: News, Installation, and Hurd CDs. Hurd TWiki should be updated too.

One step further is making ext2fs.static managed by alternatives mechanisms and using ext2fs.static.big by default.

Regards,
ogi