Re: K7 discs

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 02:01:51AM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 11:47:16AM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:
> > At this stage we certainly need a new hurd, but new the gnumach and
> > glibc would be welcome.  A heads up would be welcome.
>
> glibc and hurd packages need to be updated together right now. Jeff has
> glibc fixed, but not yet built and uploaded AFAIK. After that, the hurd
> package will be uploaded, perhaps with the Hurd console enabled by
> default.

To give an update, we had quite some troubles building glibc due to the
linkref bug reported by Ogi and earlier Alfred. However, I managed to
build glibc packages last week and uploaded them. I've also uploaded
binutils and gcc-3.3/gcc-3.4 packages; so far I did not hear any
complaints.

Jeff now needs to upload a new Hurd package, then we should be ready for
K7. Sorry it took so long. Thanks to Alfred for help with investigating
the linkref troubles and providing glibc CVS binaries.

Michael