problems installing hurd from k6

Hy;

I have installed Hurd from K6 CD (the base system);
but my ethernet card [3C940] is not detected (or al least, not automatically).
Long time ago, I found some drivers for Linux, from 3COM driver database.
what is the next stept??

In the Users manual I can see how configure my ethernet card; but...
what about detecting it?
what about compiling the drivers I found (for linux) and try to make them work??

Do you think that installing K5 CD's will give me the drivers I need???

Do I have to wait untill K7 release is performed and them try it??

It is my firs "HURD WEEK", and I don't know how to deal with the system.

Thanks for all.

David Gascón.